Creating a BDSM Universe Wiki

Xanthe Home Forums BDSM, Slash & Spanking Creating a BDSM Universe Wiki

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      jacci
      Keymaster

We are proud to announce the launching of the BDSM WIKI project. The goal is to create a complete resource of Xanthe’s BDSM Universe.
      This will be a community project, organised here in the forum and we are asking for people to contribute, both material and ideas on how we should go about this. The first basic ideas include:

• Glossary of terms
      • Timeline
      • History
      • List and explanation of traditions and customs
      • Values and norms
      • Legal system and procedures
      • Character histories within this ‘verse
      • Kinks
      • Taboos
      • Popular culture: Movies/Songs/TV shows
      • Procreation
      • FAQ
      • Education / Sex Education
      • Principles of ‘safe sex’
      • Symbolism
      • Cultural differences

And anything else anybody can think of!

Once we start getting some content, we will be making a section in the website devoted exclusively to this
      I will also be editing this original post to include ideas people add, just for ease of reference and keeping everything in one place. So that is why you might see ideas in this list and then people suggesting them when they are already here.

Altyerre
      Participant

You’re probably going to want to put in an FAQ section for quick reference.
      I’d also be interested in an education section. Are they taught about dynamics in school along with sex ed? Where/how do they learn to (safely) use the various impliments? :bondage: :spank: :whip: :crop: etc etc.

Amets_Sorgin

Although it might appear in tradition and culture, what about symbolism? Are their cultural differences depending on the country. etc.? Links to RL BDSM culture so people don’t confuse, because however, you tell people this is your “bonkers” bdsm universe we all know that there are lot of people who can’t/don’t distinguish fiction and reality

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Oops – Raven just contacted me to tell me about an error on the registering gizmo for the forum which means people get told they’re spam when they’re not! I’ve emailed Jacci about it but as she’s in Australia it might take a few hours for her to wake up and get it fixed! Please check back again regularly! We’ll post an update when it’s done.

hab318princess
      Participant

I was allowed to play in this world… both with Bound Together (Torchwood/Doctor Who) as well as the short one with Gibbs/Tony… can I be of help with anything? (Timeline for example) :crop:

Xanthe
      Keymaster

That would be wonderful! If you would start a Timeline that’d be great! Feel free to post it here as you go along, or create a separate topic for it.

jacci
      Keymaster

Oops – Raven just contacted me to tell me about an error on the registering gizmo for the forum which means people get told they’re spam when they’re not! I’ve emailed Jacci about it but as she’s in Australia it might take a few hours for her to wake up and get it fixed! Please check back again regularly! We’ll post an update when it’s done.
      Technically, I am ahead in time, so does that mean I should be able to forestall these things before they happen? Hmmm muses on that LOL.
      We have had some people flagged as spam, but it shouldn’t be the norm, and if anybody does have trouble, let me know and i can register you manually. Unfortunately if we turn the spam protection off, we will be obliterated by ads for cheap meds for ED, and as we all know, there is little problem in the BDSM Universe with that!!!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons