Episode Discussions Here!

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms Sherlock Episode Discussions Here!

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’m just rewatching all 6 episodes and wow – this is really great TV! And it’s not hard to see the slash either :-D
      I’ve had some little thoughts about spanky fic *g*. In whatever incarnation he’s in, Sherlock always seems to eminently spankable and John is clearly the one to do it :-D . I’ve also been thinking about how they’d work in the BDSM verse :-) .

bowl_of_glow
      Participant

Oooh, a Sherlock thread! :-D

coldshuga
      Participant

i thought the “series” or tele-movies as i like to call them (’cause that is some seriously good production values right there) was excellent. One of the things my sister (who has never read slash in her life) kept saying she loved was that everyone else thought the two main characters were romantically linked….and Sherlock never, once, tried to correct that *grin*. And for all his saying he wasn’t into men or women i think he knew exactly what was going on.
      and Sherlock just cries out to be kinked in like a hundred and one ways.
      have noticed that a large quantity of fanfic is being churned out at the mo. just waiting for some good BDSM to turn up :D

maryperk
      Participant

I’ve seen the first three ‘tele-movies’ on Netflix. I’m not sure where to stream the others. I was thinking that Sherlock wouldn’t be the one in charge in a BDSM fic. In fact the Sherlock and John on the BBC show remind me a bit of Rodney and John.

coldshuga
      Participant

i think it is because there is a character that just about everyone else can’t stand but the nice guy (and us) just like anyway. it is why i like Rodney so much as a character…saying the things the rest of us THINK but are too polite to say. I WISH i had that part of my brain switched off too…some of my thoughts would make me a very, very displiked person.
      *grin*
      (and Sherlock is totally the sub…)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’m with you both. I was a bit taken by surprise when someone asked me why I thought John was the dom and Sherlock the sub. But it seems really obvious to me. For all that Sherlock strides through the cases, giving orders, it’s JOHN who grounds him and is quietly in charge at home – that episode where Sherlock is bored and John won’t let him smoke – that right there is their domestic vibe.
      And yes – Sherlock has that Rodney vibe of being all brilliant and genius-y but needing someone to bring him back down after. That’s what Johns are for *g*.
      It’s a massively happening fandom after the way season 2 ended (sob!). There is some amazing artwork and brilliant vidding. It’s really the big fandom of the moment.

Well, I’m not hooked on Sherlock. I HAD to buy the DVD for the first 3 since ya’ll have been raving aout it . It’s brilliant!! I so wish that the US could write something this great! There is no way that the CBS version with Lucy Liu(wtf?!) will be any good at all. I cannot wait until season 2 hits here in a couple of months. Why do the overseas folks get such awesome tv?? I wanna move.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Hi hon (bearsandharleys),
      If you thought S1 was good – you just just HAVE TO SEE S2!!! OMG! It’s ALL brilliant but I think the last ep of S2 is the best episode of anything I’ve ever seen. It also spawned the massive Sherlock fandom (and particularly Johnlock) that’s going nuts on Tumblr right now!
      I agree with you about “Elementary” – it has the potential to massively suck.
      By the way, I hope you got my note about the gift you sent!

Haggy
      Participant

It also spawned the massive Sherlock fandom (and particularly Johnlock) that’s going nuts on Tumblr right now!
      I agree with you about “Elementary” – it has the potential to massively suck.
      There was McShep and Tibbs and now the healthy and nutritious Johnlock from the local health food shop ;)
      Looking forward to reading about these two because I have thought from day one they were a cute couple :)

Hello:) I was reading this threat and I couldn’t agree with you. From the start I thought that somebody should write BDSM story for this show ;) . And also from the first minute I know that John should be sub. Why? John is gentle, easygoing and nice person. He can fallow orders and take care of (his:P) dom (Sherlock wan’t be easy dom ;D ). Additionally John is one in need of saving. Sherlock is not Rodney, Rodney mostly want other people to like him, he was lookingfor acceptation. Sherlock is happy as he is. John as a sub wouldn’t be trouble. I’m very sorry for my English (it isn’t my first language:(

maryperk
      Participant

No, Sherlock is not Rodney. There are a lot of differences, but they’re both very extreme men with their intelligence and their feelings about everyone else’s lack in that department. They both get that in the Johns someone who will say ‘hey, that’s enough. Time to go cool your jets’. Both the Johns are intelligent in their own ways. They’re a bit tightlipped and let just enough slip to stay interesting.
      I don’t think being a gentle, easygoing and nice person automatically screams sub. There are people out there that would crumble under a harsh master. I know I’m not into any kind of pain, and humilation would just make me depressed.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I think people can read it/enjoy it any way they like but for me, I feel very strongly, in a gut instinct way, that John is the top in the bedroom and in a BDSM relationship. And frankly he’s what Sherlock NEEDS to bring him back down after/between cases. The vibe was very clearly expressed when Sherlock was sulking about the cigarettes and John made it very clear he wouldn’t be getting any. And there’s the way John makes him accept gifts graciously and apologise for his manners. John is the one with the emotional intelligence and the right degree of firmness to use it on Sherlock in a BDSM setting – Sherlock calls the shots on a case and John calls the shots in their personal relationship. They work best that way in my view. I honestly cannot see John as a sub at all. And I wouldn’t trust Sherlock to be a good top.

Altyerre
      Participant

Heee!
      Finally got my hands on a compy of Season 2 ;D .
      Whatched the first two episodes tonight; saving the last for tomorrow.
      I love it.
      Irene Adler was perfect. Seriously perfect.
      Also (boring teacher’s) line about John being the perfect boyfriend – and that Sherlock was a lucky man ;D .

Altyerre
      Participant

So, whatched the final episode today with my friends.
      As it starts with John in the councillers office, John stating “sherlocks dead my friend’s gone – “What? Before they’ve slept together” LOL. And she’s not a slash fan.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

ROFL!
      But heh – I think they HAD slept together *g*.

flubber2kool

I have to say that I think that Sherlock would either be a switch or a top. This is because I think he is a control freak and John is the one who seems to be able to be talked in to doing things. :D
      I’m not sure if he could do the totally giving up control. Mind you I could see John being a pushy sub too so I think it would make for an interesting dynamic :crop:

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I have to say that I think that Sherlock would either be a switch or a top. This is because I think he is a control freak and John is the one who seems to be able to be talked in to doing things. :D
      I’m not sure if he could do the totally giving up control. Mind you I could see John being a pushy sub too so I think it would make for an interesting dynamic :crop:
      It’s often the control freaks who want the release of giving up control! I don’t say it’d be easy for him, but I think that’s why John is good for him – he’s the only one Sherlock trusts.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons