Introduce Yourself

Xanthe Home Forums General Discussion Introduce Yourself

Tagged: 

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      jacci
      Keymaster

Hi, my name is Jacci and I discovered Xanthe’s fic shortly after I found this remarkable thing called the net in 05 and been a long time fan, but sadly a lurker and not involved in any communities. Now, however I am very pleased to be involved in all of this and am very excited about it all.
      If anybody has any difficulties with using the site, and all the new functions, I will be the person you need to poke, at least in the beginning. If you need help with anything, either reply to this by hitting the shiny reply button, or send me a PM (a private message) using the inbuilt message system (you can access that via the My Messages in the menu)

tejas
      Participant

Hey, there! Love the site!
      I noticed something odd when I posted a reply. Instead of returning me back to the topic I was reading, it took me to the list of topics. Now, I found the check box in my profile (it’s unchecked) that said to return to topics (as in the list of topics) after posting, but I thought that meant it would do what the forum is doing by default. Am I mistaken?

tejas
      Participant

I should have said, what I *want* it to do is leave me in the specific discussion after a reply, rather than taking back to *any* list of topics at all.
      And I just noticed we can edit posts, so I didn’t need to do a second one. Sorry about that.

sexycazzy
      Participant

Hey, all, just doing a test while checking the box where tejas mentioned as above…. so just ingore this…
      Edited: yeah, I think you need to check the box, tejas, as I returned back to the topic after posting! :D

jacci
      Keymaster

Hi tejas
      You can choose your option in your profile. If you have checked the
      Return to topics after posting by default.
      then when you post, it should take you back to the post you just did and the all the ones above your post.
      If you leave it unchecked, it will take you back to the topic listings
      the wording in that is very poor (i might see if i can hack into the files and have that better explained as it is quite confusing)

jacci
      Keymaster

hey sexycazzy, you just beat me to itl!!!!

sexycazzy
      Participant

hee hee sorry? 8)
      (p.s. It has been a long time since I used these kind of fourms so I am slowly remembering how things work lol!)

jacci
      Keymaster

No problems at all., will just have to learn to type faster!!!
      I forget that not everyone is a forum-pro and will be compiling a list of things that will make stuff easier for people, so discussions like this are really helpful.
      And that option about return to top or not to is confusing and poorly constructed… will see what i can do about fixing that up!!!

sexycazzy
      Participant

Jaci, I think that’s a great idea with How To discussions – that will be very useful indeed! :D
      And btw, hello Jaci, nice to meet ya! *waves*

jacci
      Keymaster

Hi back!! 8)
      The more people point stuff out and ask, the more tweaks i can make to get the best user experience for everyone. So feel free to poke away!! Just make sure your stick is not too pointy when you do your poking please ;D

taylorgibbs

Hi, Jacci! Great to meet you, and thanks for all your hard work getting the site and forum up :)

jacci
      Keymaster

Hi taylorgibbs, i am so excited to be meeting everybody, and so very pleased with how all this turned out. I am sure there are probably lots of bits and pieces still to fix!!!
      Really glad people are enjoying it, and thanks so much!!!

taylorgibbs

It looks AMAZING :)

Amets_Sorgin

Ditto what taylorgibbs said. You’ve done great work Jacci. Not much into discussion forums but as I occasionally like to take part, thought I’d be a good girl and join up for the forum as well the main site. Still figuring out how to add an avatar to my profile but will get there eventually, just having a general rout round today after joining yesterday, and re-reading one of Xan’s stories. :)

Amets_Sorgin

Just managed to get my avatar up here 8) The site really is easy to use Jacci, I’m just a bit dimwitted somewhere between Gibbs and Tony ;)

jacci
      Keymaster

Excellent!!! Surely you couldn’t be as bad as Gibbs, maybe not quite a Tim yet, but certainly getting there :P

Amets_Sorgin

Please! As bad as Gibbs no[/font] ::) but on a Tony level definitely, i.e. I learn by trial and error or asking a McGee equivalent for help ;)
      PS. love all the smileys with whips and whatnot, they’re cute

jacci
      Keymaster

LMAO!!!!! I can’t promise i will be up to McGee standard, but i will try :P
      The new naughty icons are so awesome, just love them. Trying to hunt down for some more, so if anybody has any they find, we can get them up too lol :whip:

Amets_Sorgin

Duly noted re. smilies. They’re just too fun not to use, even if not entirely appropriate
      :gibbs:

subbywonders
      Participant

This site looks great! Great to be meeting so many people with such wonderful reading and TV tastes :bondage:

Amets_Sorgin

Yay! I see we haz some new smileys

taylorgibbs

:buddy: Oooh we do :) :spank:

Anonymous
      Inactive

YOOOOOOOO~I find here! And I love here! Xanthe I like you so much~! Your fiction is my favorite! Your story is full of tension !And thank Jicci! Oh, I don’t know what I’m saying ~! <headslap
      PS:I think I can free speech here... ...have no wrong?I am not sure...

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Hello and welcome! Lovely to have you here!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons