Ricochet news, feedback, discussion, links to fanfic, fanart etc

Xanthe Home Forums Ricochet Ricochet news, feedback, discussion, links to fanfic, fanart etc

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

This is a bit late on my part, but it suddenly occurred to me I should have a Ricochet feedback page on my own site! LOL! I did one on my Livejournal but I’ve been so busy getting Ricochet out, working on the paperback, and then being horribly ill that I forgot to do it here. D’oh!

Anyway, post anything Ricochet related here – someone on Facebook was saying she’d like to write some fanfic for it, and I’m absolutely fine with that – LOL! Just make sure you post links over here if you do! And if you’ve got any fanart you want to make for Ricochet, by all means go ahead! I’d love that.

If you want to ask me any questions about the novel, please do.

And I’ll post any news I have about it too.

The big news at the moment is that I’ve had my proof of the paperback through the post (it arrived on Friday night) so once I’ve read that all the way through for any errors then I’ll be able to put it up for sale – hopefully in time for Christmas!

Ricochet is now available to buy on KOBO as well as on Smashwords and Amazon. I’ve been thrilled by how well it’s selling. It’s still at number one in its categories at Amazon.co.uk, which pleases me enormously, and it fluctuates up and down in the top 30 at Amazon.com. I keep expecting sales to drop off but they haven’t so far which is wonderful. I’ve had some amazing reviews for the novel on Amazon and Smashwords – thank you so much for leaving me such great reviews and all those fabulous five stars. Your support has been terrific and really means a huge amount to me.

Now, clearly the obvious thing to do on receiving a copy of one’s first published novel is to put it next to one’s cats and take photos – so that’s what I’ve done. Piccies below!

Cats: “This is so embarrassing.”

Jemima: “Sigh. You do know how stupid this is, don’t you?”

Harley: “Just ignore it. Pretend it’s not there and it might go away.”

Book size and thickness :-)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I thought I should post these here for anyone who didn’t see them on my blog post! They’re Rick and Matt bears ;-)

There’s a story attached… McShepletgirl’s mum makes gorgeous little woollen bears, and when McShepletgirl was visiting her recently, she thought that one of the bears looked like Rick (darker skin, nose and eyes!) and one more like Matt. So she asked her mum if she could have them… and if her mum could embroider a spanked bottom to the Matt bear! Now, Mcshepletgirl’s mum is 80, but apparently she didn’t bat an eyelid, and was all about the technicality of how the spanked bottom should look! She’s a lady after my own heart!

Mcshepletgirl sent me the bears as a Ricochet present – she explained to me that the Rick bear isn’t wearing a shirt because the Matt bear borrowed it, and, of course, the Matt bear is wearing a collar and is on a leash! LOL! This gave me a real laugh when I got them through the post, so thanks so much to her.

As an addendum, my mum was visiting me last week and she saw the bears and picked them up and asked me where they’d come from. She loves handicrafts and knitting etc so she was interested in how they were made and who made them. I must admit I had to fudge that one a bit and I have no idea what she made of their special accessories and Matt bear’s spanked bum!

Keymaster

LMAO, Miss J looks singularly unimpressed!

Book looks fabulous! I haven’t bought an actual paperback or hardcover in years, i have definitely embraced the electronic versions, but I might make an exception just this once!!!

Congrats once again on a fantastic book and such a wonderful response to it!

Can I say “I told you so?” or is that being really rude?

Xanthe
      Keymaster

LOL! You can say “I told you so” about this! I’m happy to be proved wrong!

And yes, Little Miss J was NOT impressed at all by having a paperback shoved on top of her! Bless her outraged little heart!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I had a conversation on my Facebook page recently about who I’d cast to play the character from Ricochet in a movie version of my novel (because yes, obviously it’s very likely that a movie will be made of my gay BDSM novel!). I also answered the question on the recent blog hop I participated in.

I must admit, I floundered a bit about who would play Rick and Matt. I didn’t really have a strong sense of any actor playing them when I was writing them. They felt very real to me in my head, but I didn’t have a physical avatar for them.

So I eventually decided that a slightly younger Patrick J Adams would be a perfect Matt…but was stumped with Rick. Then georgiesmith made me this (below) and it all fell into place! I have NO idea why I didn’t think of this perfect casting before! Anyway, I LOVE this pic and think they both look just right in the roles . That’s JUST how I see them (only Rick has longer hair *g*). Matt is completely spot on! Thanks SO much to Georgie. I love this!

Rick – Alex O’Loughlin
      Matt – Patrick J Adams

karinsmom

Wow what a great book, I just finished it and really enjoyed Matt and Rick’s relationship..
      Will their be a sequel for Karl and Daniel ?

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Thank you! I’m so glad you enjoyed it. And I do definitely hope to write a sequel for Karl and Daniel one day

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons