9X05 – Safe Harbor

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms NCIS 9X05 – Safe Harbor

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

Any thoughts on the episode? It wasn’t as bad as I feared it might be, as I’d heard it was Ziva centric. But as it turned out it was pretty teamy rather than focussed much on Ziva, and at least we weren’t subjected to more of her personal dramas and tragedies.
      I really liked the mystery – I didn’t figure it out and it kept me guessing for a long time. There was some nice Tibbs content – Tony thinks that headslaps are “romantic” and fireside steak dinners in front of a black and white TV are “charming”. The “Team Bibbs” line made me laugh *g*.
      All in all, this season is SO MUCH BETTER than they were giving us between mid s6 and mid s8.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree, another good episode. A good story which kept you guessing :) Liked the whole headslap = romance thing and the reference to what a romantic night with Gibbs is like ;)
      Not so keen on them trying to pair Gibbs up with someone. Isn’t adding a romantic interest outside the team how people got disinterested the last time. Too much sap not enough action.
      Liked how Gibbs implied that perfect isn’t really what he’s looking for. And we all know Tony is faaaarr from perfect.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I quite like this one. The headslaps = romance and fire-grilled steak = charming (date?) scene was cute. And they were so OTT about trying to set Gibbs up with someone, it was almost a parody – like they were poking fun at themselves for the disasterous love-interest story-lines of the last few seasons. It made me laugh, especially since they all knew they were going to be in trouble when Gibbs figured it out! I also liked the last line – too bad it was said to the-person-who-doesn’t-exist-in-my-universe, but the sentiment fits with the way I write the team!
      And, of course, I *loved* Tony being told to bend over… and he did it so naturally, because of course he has lots of experience bending over for spankings!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I quite liked it. It was a ziva-centric episode without being a ZIVAAAA!episode. No angst, just doing her job.
      I liked the team interactions, the headslaps=romance was a nice touch and Gibbs saying ‘there’s nothing more boring than perfect’ made me smile. I expecially love the way they are getting back to the team being a family, something that’s been lacking in the last few seasons.
      I’m all for IDIC, but for the love of the internet please, please tell me that Borin/Gibbs shippers don’t actually call it “Bibbs” – please! I don’t think my mind could take it.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I actually liked this episode as well. I was a little weary when everyone said that the writers of this one like to ship Tiva but, I figured I would give it a shot. It had some really great moments that made me laugh out loud! The whole team Bibbs kinda felt like a nodd to us shippers out here in wonderland, letting us know they haven’t forgotten about us. Tony talking about his “dates” with Gibbs. I think that Tony is the only one who can really appreciate the cowboy steak and the headslps. Noone else gets Gibbs like he does. Ha! Tony being told to bend over was priceless, I was just waiting for Gibbs to pop up but instead it was Vance. I has tears in my eyes from laughing so much at that….hopefully Vance didn’t tell Gibbs.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I quite like this one. The headslaps = romance and fire-grilled steak = charming (date?) scene was cute. And they were so OTT about trying to set Gibbs up with someone, it was almost a parody – like they were poking fun at themselves for the disasterous love-interest story-lines of the last few seasons. It made me laugh, especially since they all knew they were going to be in trouble when Gibbs figured it out! I also liked the last line – too bad it was said to the-person-who-doesn’t-exist-in-my-universe, but the sentiment fits with the way I write the team!
      And, of course, I *loved* Tony being told to bend over… and he did it so naturally, because of course he has lots of experience bending over for spankings!!!
      LOL! I LOVED the “bend over” thing because yes, Tony is very used to being in that position! I’m glad Gibbs didn’t see – he’d have been all “only I get to tell Tony to bend over!”
      :crop:

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Yup – you’ve put your finger on it. It wasn’t all “Poor, tragic, Princess Ziva with her evol daddy who wouldn’t buy her a pony – SOB! Who was abandoned and beaten up in Somalia – SOB! Who mean shit happens to and has had such a saaaad life – SOB! Who needs a new Daddy – Gibbs – and a funny boyfriend – Tony – to scoop her up and make her feel better because she’s so freaking TRAGIC!” I’m sick of her and wouldn’t have watched it if it had been more of that shit.
      I don’t know that there ARE any Bibbs shippers out there! LOL! But I do love Borin. I wish Ziva would disappear so Borin could take her place on the team. I love female characters like Borin – genuinely strong instead of that pseudo strong that mistakes high kicks and mean putdowns for a strong woman. Borin is focussed, funny, career minded, and doesn’t make goo-goo eyes at the boys and have “possible love interest” tattooed on her forehead.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

actually liked this episode as well. I was a little weary when everyone said that the writers of this one like to ship Tiva but, I figured I would give it a shot. It had some really great moments that made me laugh out loud! The whole team Bibbs kinda felt like a nodd to us shippers out here in wonderland, letting us know they haven’t forgotten about us. Tony talking about his “dates” with Gibbs. I think that Tony is the only one who can really appreciate the cowboy steak and the headslps. Noone else gets Gibbs like he does. Ha! Tony being told to bend over was priceless, I was just waiting for Gibbs to pop up but instead it was Vance. I has tears in my eyes from laughing so much at that….hopefully Vance didn’t tell Gibbs.
      HEH! I loved that Tony finds headslaps romantic and steak dinners charming. I love the idea of him and Gibbs watching movies on that black and white TV! And I loved that there was really zero Tiva in this episode and that the Ziva focus was on the case and not on her usual tragic victim shit.

Anonymous
      Inactive

really liked that we got to see a happy Gibbs for a change. that little chuckle at the end. not everyone who is single spends all their time looking for a “date”. infact tv writers would do well to remember that. and work is work….you don’t need sexual intrigue! well to be fair my previous place of employment had office romances all over that place…some worked and some didn’t but it just about drove me nuts trying to remember who slept with whom.
      i have always believed that hidden under that stoney face Gibbs is thinking the somethings Tony is most of the time. Not as grumpy as he makes out….and perhaps his knee gives him a lot of trouble…i have a troublesome knee and boy do i get bitchy ;)
      [thanks to this ep my sister now believes that a tony jethro romance is possible]

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons