Chronological Order?

Xanthe Home Forums BDSM, Slash & Spanking Chronological Order?

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

Yes – totally! And thanks!
      It’d be interesting to see if anyone could say what they thought their best experience was in terms of how they read them. If they read them one way and thought they’d have preferred to have read them in a different order, or if it was just right the way it was!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Over at ncisficfind, a gal was asking about the order to read the BDSM universe stories in.
      This is the order she put them in:
      Coming Home
      General & Dr Sheppard
      The First Collar
      Hiding in Plain Sight
      I’m thinking that’s probably the best order chronologically (and that’s what I told her) but I’m wondering what you guys think? Should TFC go before G&DS? I read them completely out of order (and before I even saw an episode of SGA) so it’s hard for me to be objective.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

It’s a difficult one because I don’t think they need to be read in any order. If one wants the order they were written then it’s:
      General and Dr Sheppard
      Coming Home
      Hiding in Plain Sight
      The First Collar
      I think G&DS introduces the idea of the universe (it’s the only one not set in the BDSM verse) – and then you can go to Coming Home to read the back story of John and Rodney in BDSM universe. With the NCIS stories I think it works either way but reading The First Collar and then going into Hiding in Plain Sight perhaps makes more sense.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I read them massively out of order – HiPs, G&DS, CH and then TFC. Not that it mattered in the end, I guess.
      I just wanted to make sure it would be a really pleasurable reading experience for this person and wanted to get it right.

Keymaster

I read Hiding In Plain Sight first and didn’t have a clue about the whole BDSM universe so it was more than a little hard for me to understand what was going on and how they could get away with the kind of kinky behaviour they did. Took me a little while to cotton onto the whole alternate universe idea (okay, yes i should read the notes lmao)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

ROFLMAO! Oh that’s so funny! HEEEEE!!!!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons