Tagged: 

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

m bored. And feeling rather nerdy.
      So question for you all.
      What would everyone’s daemons be?
      I have ideas but can’t articulate them, which is peeving me greatly.
      I mean, it would make sense if Mike’s was a puppy – or a full-grown dog since he’s an adult – but I can’t decide on a breed. Terriers are playful even as adults. They’re quick, smart, loyal.
      Argh! :-
      Anyway, I throw it open to the floor.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

OMG! This is SO weird because I was thinking about this a few night’s ago!
      I decided that Harvey’s daemon was some kind of cat – either a large, black domestic cat or a full blown black panther. His daemon would be very sleek and shiny and fastidious, obviously! And prone to just lounging around, seemingly almost invisible, until she needs to spring into action and then she’s mightily dangerous!
      For some reason, I kept getting an image of Mike having a bird daemon and I really don’t know why! It’d not something I’d consciously choose for him. Maybe it’s a riff on being ‘high’ *g*. Or maybe it’s the notion that with that unusual brain he’s much in his head rather than being more down to earth.
      I can totally see his daemon as some kind of dog though. But I like the idea of his bird daemon occasionally flying high above Harvey’s cat/panther and just out of reach and taunting him a bit *g*. I think they could have some fun games that way.
      Not sure WHICH bird – maybe a blue jay.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hmm…
      I see Harvey as kind of like the old tom cat in my new neighbourhood. Sleek glossy black fur, obviously well looked after but I’ve no idea who owns it. Looks utterly adorable and inviting when sunbathing on our drive way, but won’t let you get close enough to touch.
      Louis Litt I see as a ferret. Quick, determined and when he has his eye on a goal not really careing what gets stepped on to get to it.
      Mike is a Lyre in my opinion. He’s definately got some puppyish qualities, but in the end, the fact that he’s an autodictate – and a turely excellent one – leads me to place him as a Lyre.
      Honestly, I can’t really think of one for Donna, Jessica and Rachel. Which makes me feel vaguely sexist, but there you go.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Louis Litt I see as a ferret. Quick, determined and when he has his eye on a goal not really caring what gets stepped on to get to it.
      I can totally see that.
      Honestly, I can’t really think of one for Donna, Jessica and Rachel. Which makes me feel vaguely sexist, but there you go.
      It’s harder for them for some reason.
      After a little thought…
      Trevor is selfish and self-centered. I can’t help but think his daemon would be a rat. Which leads me to think that Jenny’s would probably be a mouse or a hamster.
      I’m thinking of Jessica, and most lawyers, would have feline daemons. (You know, kinda like snipers have wolf daemons.) They’re sleek and dangerous… I don’t know. It would make a sort of sense that in that particular profession there would be a species that was more prevalent than others.
      I was trying to come up with an all-knowing animal for Donna, but then I thought she’d be better suited to have something sassy. Something that is pretty, but can be formidable.
      Can Harold’s be a panda? I can’t come up with a reasoning behind it, it just makes me laugh. His daemon wouldn’t be a tough creature I wouldn’t think.
      Then I read the Chinese astrological charts and realized that Mike is totally a rabbit. (“The Rabbit symbolizes such character traits as creativity, compassion, and sensitivity. Rabbits are friendly, outgoing and prefer the company of others. They also prefer to avoid conflict. In confrontational situations, Rabbits approach calmly and with consideration for the other party. Rabbits believe strongly in friends and family and lacking such bonds can lead to emotional issues.”)
      I’m with Xanthe on Harvey. A gorgeous black panther – all sleek and smooth and dangerous on the outside but a big pussy cat on the inside. Besides, how adorable would it be to have a little white bunny curled up with a big black panther?
      So character-wise we’ve got…
      Harvey
      Mike
      Jessica
      Donna
      Louis
      Rachel
      Trevor
      Jenny
      Ray
      Kyle
      Grammy
      Devon
      Cameron Dennis
      Travis Tanner
      Dana Scott
      Tom Keller

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I love Louis as a ferret! And Harold as a panda *g*.
      And yes, Mike as a white rabbit would look adorable curled up next to that black panther! LOL! But I wonder if Mike has more edge than a rabbit allows for? I could see him looking cuddlier than he is. There’s an element of sneakiness in Mike – he does lie quite easily as well. I like the lyre bird for him – or some kind of parrot – he’s very good at parroting information back! And for some reason I rather like the idea of him as a serval to Harvey’s black panther.
      I could buy Trevor as a rat and Jenny as a mouse or hamster – both work for me!
      Dennis – crocodile?
      Rachel – racoon or lemur – dunno why – it just seems to spring to mind when I think of her.
      Jessica – she’s pretty clever – I could see her as a monkey – maybe a golden lion tamarin?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Fun thread!
      I like Mike’s being a dog. Mike’s dislike of fancy food and his messy apartment make me think of him having a brown, slightly floppy mutt. A bigger dog, like 60-70 lbs. Intelligent, loyal. Doesn’t necessarily look like he’d be a threat, but can sneak up on you and surprise you.
      Harvey having a black panther is a great image…Clean, sleek, gorgeous, deadly. A big ol’ panther would fit right in his fancy apartment and big office.
      I could see Louis’ being a ferret. Or a weasel. Or something slithery like a snake or other reptile.
      Lol at Harold’s panda. Perfect.
      I’m seeing a ram for Harvey’s mentor (forgot his name). Not sure why.
      A golden lion tamarin for Jessica would be cool. I can just imagine it sitting on her shoulder as she sits at her desk.
      I feel like Donna would have a bird. A myna bird maybe?

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I love all these! Especially Dennis’s ram and Donna’s myna bird – just perfect for her!

Anonymous
      Inactive

re: bird daemons…
      This is embarrassing, but the main reason I’m all “no bird daemons” is because birds freak me out. Not the small, lovely outside birds but the bigger, more exotic parrot/cockatiel type birds. They just scare the beans out of me.
      So, that’s why I didn’t want Mike to have a bird daemon more than anything else. :-[

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons