Dr Who Season 6

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms Dr Who Dr Who Season 6

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

Wow – Season 6 of Dr Who has rocked! I don’t really like the overall story arc with River Song but I’ve LOVED some of the standalone episodes. My favourites have been The Doctor’s Wife (truly one of my favourite DW eps ever!), The Girl Who Waited, God Complex, and Closing Time (my 2nd favourite of the season so far). I hated those ganger episodes which I found very boring although they did lead directly into A Good Man Goes to War which I really enjoyed :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

My favourite episode so far is The Girl Who Waited.
      I have to be honest, I’m kinda intrigued with the River Song arc even though it can be very confusing in bits here and there, and I think it will be an ongoing arc with Doctor Who for a while…especially with how the season six ended!
      Can’t wait for the Xmas Special, although!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I just couldn’t make sense of the River Song arc – it didn’t seem to add up. Why the weird convoluted thing about the astronaut suit? Why kidnap her and brainwash her and then have it so any old person in an automated suit could kill the Dr? Why did the Dr marry her? It was all just weird!
      I loved The Girl Who Waited – it was so well done.
      And yeah – I’m looking forward to the Xmas special too. I hope it’s good – they can be a bit hit and miss! I really hope it’s a nice standalone – those have worked best for me so far.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I just couldn’t make sense of the River Song arc – it didn’t seem to add up. Why the weird convoluted thing about the astronaut suit? Why kidnap her and brainwash her and then have it so any old person in an automated suit could kill the Dr? Why did the Dr marry her? It was all just weird!
      I loved The Girl Who Waited – it was so well done.
      And yeah – I’m looking forward to the Xmas special too. I hope it’s good – they can be a bit hit and miss! I really hope it’s a nice standalone – those have worked best for me so far.
      Marrying the Doctor – I have no idea why they did that. I know that River did love the Doctor but I didn’t see the Doctor loving her back at all…I think he loves Amy more if that makes any sense?
      Yeah, Xmas Special Standalones are sometimes the best! My favourite Special so far was the Titiantic episode – that was brilliant!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons