Fur Babies!

Xanthe Home Forums Cats Fur Babies!

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • Author
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!
      Harley and Jemima snuggling :-) . They love each other to bits – and he’s the toppy one in that relationship and often has a paw around her!

Keymaster

Here are my two girls

My Beautiful Sugar: she is a switch… usually dominant but certain areas she is definitely subby

And here is Gypsy in full subby pose

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I can see them now! Your babies are SO GORGEOUS!!! The kitten pics – OMG! Iz ded!
      Ok re the convo!

Keymaster

Kittens have to be the cutest of all baby animals. Unfortunately there is not much loving going on with them any more, I wish they were close like your two, that snuggling pic is just tooo cute!!!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Mine have their moments but it’s weird how well their personalities mesh. Harley is a very laid back cat and Jemima is very sweet and adoring of him which just works for them.
      I agree about kittens – they are so sweet and fun and beautiful.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Kittehs!!! They are adorable :) I’ll try to post some of my brood later!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Please do! Your cats are so gorgeous!

Anonymous
      Inactive

My two babies are so sweet because they sleep in my bed with me every night… or is it that they allow me to sleep in their bed. ;D
      I will try to post a picture of mine soon. One is my current avatar when she was about 8 days old.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I’d love to see pics, Finlaure :)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Here’s my Maxwell. He was a stray I found behind the door of my apartment building, crying in the middle of a thunderstorm. He invited himself to live with me and has been my boy ever since. He’s named after Maxwell Demon in the movie Velvet Goldmine (and he quiets down on car rides to the vet when I play the movie soundtrack, go fig). He refuses to sit on my lap, but he strikes a curled up "cute" pose whenever he sees me because he loves petting/cuddling.

I think he’s a top, but not a very confident one around other tops. He’s certainly most confident when he’s the dominant kitty in any situation. He likes to play as long as he’s winning, but the female cats boss him around and he runs if he realizes he’s out-topped.

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Maxwell05_19.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Maxwell04_05.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Maxwell06_04.jpg

http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/PetOwner13.jpg

Anonymous
      Inactive

And my parents have a dog (cairn terrier like Toto from the Wizard of Oz) and 4 cats who were all strays. There’s(1 diabetic, 1 with heart trouble & who is deaf, 1 who had eye surgery… it’s like a collection, but we’re at maximum capacity… at least until I move out with Maxwell (please send me good house hunting real estate vibes!)
      Anyway, here are the kitties:
      Angel- brown & black tabby
      Butterscotch- orange & white
      Benji- black & white tuxedo
      Sugar- white and Nermal-like cuteness
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Cats05_40.jpg
      Benji & Butterscotch sleeping. Butters is the subbiest sub ever and is a total sweetie.
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Cats05_16.jpg
      Benji & Sugar sleeping. NONE of the cats snuggle. It’s rare that they sleep touching like this! Benji’s a sub like Tony. He tries to show how tough he can be and is all social and gets into trouble. He’s in love with Sugar, even after she swaps him for giving her love nips. The females both keep him in line.
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Cats2009-01.jpg
      She pretends to be all cute and subby (look at that tail), but don’t let that fool you. And the flash messed up her eyes; they are BRIGHT blue. She’s also kind of a spaz and completely unpredictable. The other cats think she’s brave because she couldn’t care less about the vacuum (she’s deaf and can’t hear it)
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/SugarCutie01.jpg
      Angel lets Sugar think she’s the biggest baddest top in the house, but really Angel is always in charge. She keeps all the boys in line with firm, consistent rules and doesn’t take anything from Sugar. But she has one significant weakness: spacial relations. She just doesn’t understand why she can’t fit in every basket ever made. She is also an attention whore and has the loudest purr in the history of feline purring.
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/AngelBasket1.jpg
      Playtime! Max in the purple, Angel in the red, Sugar & Benji in the foreground. Butterscotch… in the other room, watching from a safe distance, wishing he could join in and waiting until everyone else is gone until he ventures out on his own to see what the new toy is (hey, he gets it all to himself in the end).
      http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n427/KateKintail/Catnip8.jpg

Xanthe
      Keymaster

OMG! Maxwell is so gorgeous! I love that he found you and you rescued him – what a sweetie!
      The other cats are all beautiful too. I want to squish that gorgeous white tummy!!! And the basket thing is hilarious and SO catlike! LOL!

Anonymous
      Inactive

As Xan knows I’m a doggy person; however, I found this lovely Cat Bed Map (could be a Dog Bed Map too!), which I thought I’d share with you since I’m sure you’ll all recognise your moggies bed behaviour as you are their bed guests and not the other way round.
      Anyhow enough waffle from yours truly
      Enjoy (hides behind protection net – kittehs haz sharp clawz)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I LOVE that we can share our kittehs with everyone. They are such a big part of our lives.
      This is Nicky, the instigator and attention whore with a ‘TUDE.
      [Image Can Not Be Found]
      And Grissom, the moody crabby one… who has moments of extreme pookie-ness.
      [Image Can Not Be Found]
      Both adopted from Wayside Waifs as sibling kittens.
      [Image Can Not Be Found]
      Grissom and Nicky, one of fav pairings.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I imagine the artist has kittehs too hence the accuracy of the map

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Beautiful boys! I love that they get on so well – that can be such a risk. And I adore that first picture – so much squishy love going on there!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have four boys right now.
      http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/george1138/cats/boys_600.jpg
      This is one of my all-time favorite pictures. Henry is the big gray boy, Napoleon has his eyes closed and Illya is looking at the camera. This was taken not long after I rescued the babies. I wasn’t sure if my older duo would accept them but as you can see my fears were unfounded. (I keep baskets on my desk for the boys to nap in so they can be close to me but also leave me room to work.)
      http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss233/george1138/cats/hogwarts_junior.jpg
      This is a recent picture of Junior as I was getting ready to move to southern California. Every time I opened a suitcase or a bag, he’d get in. I couldn’t resist taking a picture of him after he crawled into my Quidditch bag.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Okay, let’s talk fur babies. I pent two weeks looking after my bro and sis in laws two little darlings, Coca and Vincent. Both are new acquisitions, from a local pet store that carries cats for the humane society. Both kitties had been at the store for at lest 4 to 5 months. So both carried respiratory infections and diarrhea.
      Naturally when Andy and Michele had to leave on a much needed vacation they called me up.Of course I would come and catsit! For my new niece and nephew! Anything!
      Well, I got sick when I got there. And am just now, after three weeks,finally starting to feel human again.
      Cocoa is about 2 yrs old, shy, gentle and sweet. Still unsure of herself, but starting to feel worthy of affection and cuddles.
      Vincent is about 7 to 8 months old. Already as big as Cocoa, and a homicidal maniac. A complete attention whore, and doesn’t want Cocoa getting affection when he wants it. He is a bully! But when he wasn’t trying to fling me down the stairs or knock me off my feet he was desperately trying to be babied, because after all he is only a baby cat.
      Andy and Michele are trying to decorate and prepare their house for sale. So there are a lot of paint cans set up in their finished basement. One day while I was weakly sprawled across a chair in the living room, I could hear Vinnie going on one of his break neck speed running stunts through the basement. I heard some clattering, but didn’t care. I was real sick, and the cats always sounded like a full scale wrecking crew when they went on their runs. Eventually Vinnie pranced around the first floor where I was, then settled down under the living room coffee table.
      I struggled to my feet and tottered to the basement stairs. As well as being ill, my ankle has been really weak as well. So I was navigating very carefully and slowly. As I reached the halfway point of the stairs, I realized that Vinnie had toppled over a full can of white paint right in front of the cats’ litter boxes, all over the tiled floor. I quite literally peed my pants in horror.
      I spent the next 45 minutes swearing , staggering, trying to fight off fainting spells, and carefully sopping up a can of white paint with hot wet rags and a scraper. I got most of the paint off the floor. Then I went and changed. Then I realized there were little white paw prints all over the rest of the basement floor. And up the carpeted steps. I followed the paw prints up.
      Little white paw prints all over the living and dining room floor boards. All over the teak dining table that the Nelson family has used for 35 years. All over the new black leather chairs that cost $200.00 each, on sale. And I thought, as sick as I am, I force myself to go out and buy, then cook chicken for these cats because of their diarrhea. I fight my own cramps, nausea and bad chest and exhaustion to take care of them. And as a reward they keep me up at night fighting in the bed, Vinnie continues to try and kill me….
      And then Vinnie comes and wants his Aunty Sandra to pick him up so he can be a baby. And Cocoa shyly asks for some lovin’ while she reclines on the kitty condo…..what’s an aunty to do? Sigh. The varmints are winning. They rule the world.
      XOXOXO

Xanthe
      Keymaster

YIKES! This is a horrible thing to happen to you! I do hope you managed to clear it up – but paint is so hard to clear up! My brother once spilled paint over my grandmother’s carpet, by mistake, and there was a weird, hard, pale patch there forever after!
      I do hope you’ve managed to have a nice rest now! Complete with cuddles from the varmints I’m sure!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I have a lovely powerpoint with pictures of a puddy-tat that loves travelling in a rucksack but don’t know how to add pics from it. Can someone help cos I’d love to share. :-[

Anonymous
      Inactive

Will post pics of travelling puddy tat with translation of Spanish later (thanks to Jacci for explaining on how to de-powerpoint :) ) In the mean time this Kitteh version of *The Fight Club* was posted on Twitter (don’t worry – no injuries except perhaps to pride)

WWE cat wrestling :slaphead:

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Aw – what silly babies! I love the markings of the ginger boy – he reminds me of my beautiful Freddie who I named after Freddie Mercury and who died when he was just a year old. Freddie was such an amazing character as well as being stunningly beautiful. I SO long to have another boy like that. I dream of finding a poor little ginger kitty and bringing him home and rescuing him. Sigh!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

THIS! This is so true! That Night Time Sleeping Position is totally where Jemima sleeps every single night! LOL! And they even launch themselves onto the window sill from that exact spot that’s the dresser launch pad in the drawing! LOL!

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons