Has Xanthe ruined reading for you??

Xanthe Home Forums Xanthe’s Stories Has Xanthe ruined reading for you??

Tagged: ,

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

I just got my grubby little mitts on the new Stephen King novel, one of the Dark Tower stories, and i LOVE Stephen King and i especially loved the Dark Tower series. Now, was a time when i had a new King novel (or other author i love) that i would sit and read it through, often forgoing sleep in order to finish it. So what do i find myself doing now? ??? Well, i get less than a chapter into it and find myself thinking about Two Wolves and have to put the damn King thing down and then find myself on the site reading Two Masters… and then … i go back and re-read Subterfuge. Absolutely no interest in my shiny new King novel at all!! Now i am trying to decide if i want to reread The Adversary (for the umpteenth time) or something else… ahh the dilemmas.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

LOL! Well some kinky part of me WOULD like to keep all my readers chained up reading only MY fics to the end of time *g* so I’m actually secretly chuffed you said this! LOL!

Keymaster

You are truly evil :whipcrack: … there could be worse fates i suppose!!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I currently have a Xanthe folder on my Kindle! I need to be able to find the stories quickly!
      (First Collar, Two Wolves, Back From The Well, Soul Deep, Subterfuge, Coming Home, General & Dr Sheppard, HiPS, Three Masters (Oops, not yet!)…Two Masters, Damage, Friday Night Club and ‘Twas the Night……I think that’s all that is Kindleable…well without learning how to convert files which let’s face it I am NEVER going to learn!)
      And I pop onto the site and read on-line.
      I am also enjoying reading some of the translations…must see if I can get them on my Kindle! (I have German as a second/other language…I don’t always agree exactly with the translations but that’s just the niceties of translations – two people will often pick a different phrasing!
      I have to say I am practically jumping around at the thought of the new BDSM novel. When that goes up on Amazon I am going to be the first in the queue…..can we pre-order?!!!
      May I humbly suggest that some of us don’t need chains to be persuaded to read Xanthe’s stories….although I’m not actually refusing!…..However how about we gang up together and chain Xanthe down with a laptop and demand she does nothing but write more in order to fuel our addictions!

Keymaster

I might be able to help you with the Kindle issue and converting them. Give me a poke and see what we can do 8) . I will definitely help you kidnap you know who and attach her to a laptop permanently and ensure that much writing ensues!!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

jacci – I would really appreciate any help in getting more Xanthe on my Kindle!
      I should warn you…I speak English and German with fluency….I can get by in French and have a certain amount of Russian and Spanish…I even manage a little Italian or Dutch if I have to….but I do NOT speak or iunderstand tech!
      i have no idea what you mean by ‘give you a poke’….but it sounds decidely filthy! …I’m assuming it is tech-speak for something!If you tell me what to do I’ll give it a go!…..(Xanthe will confirm that I am usless at anything techy)
      For non-Amazon titles (so for those Xanthefics I mentioned I already managed to up…or is that down…load onto the Kindle) I have used Calibre. However when I tried with other titles they are in Word and Calibre keeps telling me it can’t convert. I don’t know if this makes a difference, but I only have a laptop with a mobile dongle and the world’s slowest internet connection!

Keymaster

LMAO!!!!
      That is a LOT of languages, none of which i can speak (struggle with english half the time hee hee)
      Give me a poke is a bit of an Aussie thing i think, just means let me know what you want!!! Although i suppose it does have a kind of filthy sound to it too (out of context of course and if your mind resides in the gutter ;D ).
      How about we experiment with one. I do not have a kindle so you can be my guinea pig. What story would you like kindle-fied? (hope that not too technobabble for you lmao) …. and i will make it so, and have it in the downloads section. then you can tell me if it works?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thankyou for agreeing to try and help!
      My mind does not rest in the gutter….it just spends many happy hours there!
      Which story do I want kindlified….oooooh all of them! (I have a dream….that one day I will need two Kindles…one just packed to the gills with Xanthe and the other for the rest of my reading matter!)
      But I’ll try not to be too greedy….I’d love to have 24/7 available on my Kindle….but that is quite a large one….should we start with something smaller?….does size matter?!….what about Possession? That’d be nice to have permanently available too! Shall we start there?
      Are the titles I already have stored in a different format to the other stories?

Keymaster

I am not sure why some have worked and some haven’t, but i will get to work on Possession and see how we go with that. if we have success then we can try and convert them all. (nearly fainted when you said 24/7… used to love that story, until i had to code it, not just once but twice!!!! once in Chinese. I just finished reading Two Masters and it has made me want to go back and re-read 24/7 again lmao, guess i am a glutton for punishment!! (when it is dished out by the right person of course)
      Will post link up as soon as it is done… watch this space!!!!

Keymaster

https://www.xanthe.org/download/eversions/mobi/possession.mobi
      try this download and see if you can make that work on the kindle. i read somewhere that it works better too if you copy via lead from the comp to the kindle, rather than from sites that are not specifically designed for kindle books.
      let me know how you go

Anonymous
      Inactive

I love you!
      You are a goddess!
      I will happily spend the rest of the day grovelling at your feet! (Can I bring my Kindle with me….it now has Possission on it!)
      (If anyone else wants to download – the link does work – but it doesn’t gpo automatically to the Kindle…. it saved the book in Calibre which I then had to e-mail to my Kindle…but if I can suss that out so can anyone!)
      Thankyou….virtual Pflaumenstreusselkuchen ( a very tasty German Plum and Crumble Cake ) is being pushed through the screen to you as I type!)

Keymaster

;D
      That sounds delicious thanks…
      if you make out a list of stories you want…in order of burning desire and just cant live without… i can start working on them and upload them as i go.

Anonymous
      Inactive

It worked!
      Well, that’s me sorted for the rest of the day….
      Thank you so much.
      (And I’ll have a think about the next batch I want…or you can start at ‘A’ and work your way through the alphabet!)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I sort of feel like a kid at Christmas….which present do I open first….
      If you do find time, and it’s not too much trouble….I have thought of a few favourites/classics I’d like…
      Suits: The Christmas Tree and Envy
      SGA: Breaking the Rules and Disappointing Yoda
      XFiles: The Adversary and When a Man Loves aWoman
      NCIS Puppy Love and Birth Day
      I don;t know whether to be thrilled or irritated….I have half a dozen or so real books on my shelf that I was planning on getting round to reading/working through…and [s]dozens[/s] hundreds on my Kindle…and now I am going to have yet another reason to put them off for a while!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

LOL! Just found this conversation and loved it! Hee! Well, apart from the bit about chaining me to a laptop – THWAP!
      But yes! Jacci IS a goddess – I’ve told her so but she won’t accept it *g*.
      I am so delighted she managed to kindle some fics for you – and it’s great if we can make them available to people generally. Squee!!!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

PS Don’t think I didn’t notice the “Three Masters” comment! :slaphead:

Keymaster

Thanks Xanthe!!! Godess indeed, but apparently i still get thwapped when i am in trouble!!!!
      I think i will Kindle them all, although that is a long term project, so keep your eyes on the downloads section and they will go up when they go up!. The Adversary is likely the first next one I will do as that is my all time fav… but the MOBI is no good for me as i need epubs for my device, so i might end up doing them too. ::)

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ll be keeping an eye out for the updates!
      I have just checked my Calibre book-list. I have down-or-up-loaded (I’m pretty sure it was one of the two!) e-books in E-Pub format there before and Calibre can auto-convert when it transfers across to the Kindle.

Keymaster

The Adversary is up and ready!!! So we can cross one of your list :P

Anonymous
      Inactive

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      Thank You!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

That’s great! Go Jacci!

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons