les mis

Xanthe Home Forums Musical Theatre les mis

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      Xanthe
      Keymaster

Oh WOW! Thank you SO MUCH for this! I love it and I hadn’t seen it! Please post anything else you find out about it here – I cannot wait for this movie. I have a feeling I’ll be going back to see it several times and I know I’ll be buying the DVD.

Keymaster

This looks really amazing and i was pretty skeptical of a movie version, which would probably diminish it, like it so often does. I saw Les Mis in Sydney many years ago, with an actor I totally loathed, and i came out of it thinking i had never been so entranced or moved ever. it was truly incredible.
      This one has another actor I loathe, Russel Crowe, but i am thinking after seeing the trailer that he might just redeem himself!! Cannot wait for this to come out, it looks really incredible!!
      Thanks for sharing!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

This looks really amazing and i was pretty skeptical of a movie version, which would probably diminish it, like it so often does. I saw Les Mis in Sydney many years ago, with an actor I totally loathed, and i came out of it thinking i had never been so entranced or moved ever. it was truly incredible.
      This one has another actor I loathe, Russel Crowe, but i am thinking after seeing the trailer that he might just redeem himself!! Cannot wait for this to come out, it looks really incredible!!
      Thanks for sharing!
      I ADORE Les Mis and I love the casting for this one. I think RC is really well cast so I HOPE he doesn’t let me down! LOL! I am so excited about this movie – I’ve seen it in the theatre about 20 times over the past 20 years and I love it so much. It’ll be awesome to see a movie version :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

Went to see Looper, and in the mini-documentary pre-show preview shorts they had this ON THE BIG SCREEN. (Looper was very good, by the way. Time travel, assassins, telekinesis — good twisty tense stuff) The sound on the big screen was so great. What Eddie Redmayne said about playing to acting choices made months ago was terrific. And Huge Jackman just singing acapella onscreen to demonstrate it…
      Is it Christmas yet?

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Went to see Looper, and in the mini-documentary pre-show preview shorts they had this ON THE BIG SCREEN. (Looper was very good, by the way. Time travel, assassins, telekinesis — good twisty tense stuff) The sound on the big screen was so great. What Eddie Redmayne said about playing to acting choices made months ago was terrific. And Huge Jackman just singing acapella onscreen to demonstrate it…
      Is it Christmas yet?
      I haven’t seen Looper yet – I wasn’t sure if it was too violent for me! I would SO have loved to see this on the big screen though! LOL! And I cannot WAIT until the movie comes out. I am SO excited about this!

Anonymous
      Inactive

Looper is about assassins, so yeah, it’s violent, both the bang-bang-you’re-dead and the gallons of blood kind of violence. But it’s incredibly twisty and though-provoking as well. Emily Blunt is terrific and the kid is creepy.
      Oh, but Ann Hathaway singing I Dreamed A Dream is so freaking amazing. Like Eddie Redmayne said, it a song you thought you knew, Susan Boyle notwithstanding, and then you see her sing it… Oh and more sweeping shots of that incredible barricade. C’mon, Christmas!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons