PJA in 9 Circles

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms Suits PJA in 9 Circles

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Are there any fans in the LA area who’d like to go see PJA in 9 Circles at the Bootleg Theater?
      I’m going to treat myself and I figured if there were any fans around who’d like to go with it’d be way more fun than going alone but tickets are going fast so contact me ASAP. :)
      Here’s an article on the show at the LA Times: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/culturemonster/2011/10/the-spotlight-patrick-adams-in-nine-circles-at-the-bootleg-theater.html

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I wish I lived there – I’d totally go with you! I LOVE this interview so thanks for the link. The thing with Dustin Hoffman sounds utterly frightening – eep! And him and Gabriel staying with his mom is beyond adorable! I think it DOES show in their rapport too – clearly they get on really well. Loved the hair gel reply – very succinct! LOL! And it’s a question I think they get asked a lot so they must be sick of it.
      I’m intrigued about this play he’s going to do. I hope you do go so you can report back!

Anonymous
      Inactive

November 3rd! Got tickets for November 3rd! I’m going with a friend who also happens to love Suits!
      I’m excited. Can you tell? ;D
      Woo Hoo!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m going too! And on the 3rd.
      I’d been waffling about going until I saw your post. I’m going to the LA area that weekend (I live in Minnesota), and that’s the only night I could go. My plane doesn’t land until 5:40, so it’s going to be tight to get to the car rental place, rent the car, and drive to the Bootleg before they close the doors at 7:30. But when I saw that there would be other Xanthe fans going, and on the 3rd, I figured it was a sign that I should try! So I got a ticket, and I’ve mapped out the best route last Thursday based on traffic at that time.
      I’m pretty excited. I loved Suits (especially all the slash and b/d undertones!), and it’s going to be a hoot to see Patrick J Adams in something different. I’m always so curious to see how different (or not) actors are in different situations. They show us so much of themselves, especially in TV shows. I’m very curious to see how different he is on stage.
      I’d love to get together for a few minutes afterward to chat. Have you been to the Bootleg before?
      Toby

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve never been to the Bootleg before but it’s supposed to be a small theater with only 99 seats!
      I’ll probably be easy to spot in the small crowd. I’m a chick, about 5’8″ with short reddish brown hair, blue eyes and I’m kinda pudgy. I’ll be wearing (probably) an ugly Hawaiian shirt, green pants and black Chuck Taylor hi-tops.
      I hope you make it in time, it’d be great to meet up and chat. It’s a hard time of day to get across town (I’m assuming you’re flying into LAX) but it can be done. Avoid the 405 if you can – I don’t think there’s ever a time of day when it isn’t a parking lot.

Xanthe
      Keymaster

I am so glad you two are going to get together there! I love that you made contact via my forum *g*. PLEASE please report back when you’ve seen it!!!!
      I’m dying to know everything!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I should also be fairly easy to spot, especially since I think I successfully uploaded a picture of myself as an icon. I’m also a chick, also pudgy, mid-40s, white, with short hair. I’ll be wearing capris and white tennis shoes, but I’m not sure which shirt yet.
      Bing has me taking the 405 just as far as La Cieniega, north to the 10, then getting off at the Hoover exit. I know what you mean about the 405. Actually, the other route, the 105 to the 110, also gets petty clogged. And yes, I’m coming from LAX. And after all this worrying, I’ll probably be early! But that would be fine.
      Has anyone made Xanthe Fans t-shits yet? That would be so amusing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re planning on getting there early. I hate rushing and I’d rather be early than stressing about getting somewhere on time.
      I just saw that Goldstar has released 1/2 off tickets for Nov. 3, 4, 5. So if anyone wants to go, tickets are only $12.50 if you’re a Goldstar member – and membership is free.
      http://www.goldstar.com

Anonymous
      Inactive

Has anyone made Xanthe Fans t-shits yet? That would be so amusing.
      I totally second that idear!!!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Soooo what was it like? What was it like? Did you have a good time?!!!
      Hee – love the idea of Xanthe t-shirts! I wonder what on EARTH those would look like?! Heh! Maybe covered in story titles?! LOL!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve finally posted my review over up at my LJ – complete with promo pictures and a scan of the program book.
      http://georgiesmith.livejournal.com/531075.html
      Yes! I did get to meet up with Toby. She made it just before the doors closed and said I was easy to spot. (The ugly Hawaiian shirt gave me away.)
      I’ll get back to you on a t-shirt design. Handcuffs have to be on there somewhere… ;)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

ROFL! Love the idea of those tee shirts *g*.
      And I read the review – thank you so much – it sounds like such an interesting play – and a great insight into PJA that this was a project he felt so passionately about :-) .

Anonymous
      Inactive

There’s not much I can add to Georgie’s review. I loved meeting up with her and her friend – and I was SO glad I squeeked in before they closed the doors.
      I loved the intimate, theater-in-the-round format. I loved watching the range of emotions from the actors – lots more than we see in most episodes of a TV show. And they were real, right in front of us! And I was sucked into the story from the beginning to the end.
      I also highly recommend it if any of you happen to be in LA during the run.

Anonymous
      Inactive

ROFL! Love the idea of those tee shirts *g*.
      Here’s a quick and dirty idea for tee’s. (Bluespirit could do a way better job.)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

OH WOW! I totally love it! LOL! It might scare the unknowing, but I love it!

Anonymous
      Inactive

It’d be like a fannish secret handshake tee! (I really wanted to get Walter and Mulder in there but I couldn’t find the banner for them.)
      I have a t-shirt that says “Some high-functioning sociopaths marry doctors. Get over it.” (I really want the gal who does them to make one that says “Some Gunny Sergeants Marry Detectives” or “Some “Some Pilots Marry Geniuses” but, alas, no luck so far.)

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons