Season Two Season Premiere

Xanthe Home Forums TV Fandoms Suits Season Two Season Premiere

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Whoa…
      Was watching USA network reruns of Season 1. Love the other characters of the show – Donna and Jessica and – sit down now – Louis. I mean, Louis is everything you hate in a finger-on-the-pulse-of-the-office co-worker, smarmy, back-stabbing, evil-smart, scheming – but he’s so FUNNY. Each time he gets funnier, and so much of it is the actor and all the little things he put into Louis – the double-takes, the open-mouth-thinks-better-of-speaking – that go by in a flash. In a lesser show, you’d feel sorry for him, but here you don’t, and I still think he’s freaking hilarious.
      So, Season 2 premiere. Yow. The title is “She Knows”, and the last scene, when Mike sits down across from Jessica – it feels like a serious date leading straight to making fierce, competitive, take-no-prisoners love. Uh-huh. Jessica is going to give Harvey a run for his money, they’re both going to be fighting over Mike. All the while, she and Harvey have to face the battle for Pearson Hardman together, against an enemy that is smooth, born-again, sweet evil grace.
      Can’t wait.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Watching this show, as I do, through slash glasses, I freaking adored every Harvey and Mike scene and backed up ye ole DVR and watched them again. And while I’m a bit upset that Harvey blackmailed Jessica into keeping Mike (since Jessica/Harvey are my second favorite relationship on this show) I’m going to enjoy the heck out of all four of them (including the absolutely amazing Donna) being in this together.
      And I agree about that last scene with Jessica and Mike. Fantastic. I just wish we’d gotten to see some more of it.
      This season is going to be great!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

It was wonderful! What a great season opener! I’d forgotten what it was like to be into a show that consistently delivers such quality writing. I just hope Suits can keep it up.
      I was intrigued most of all by how last season has moved both Harvey and Mike closer together in who they are.
      Harvey is still a badass, as his interactions with Hardman show, but his love for Mike has softened the edges. I loved how Donna pointed out he was wearing the same lilac shirt he wore when his brother was in the hospital, signifying his protective feelings towards Mike. And Harvey put his job on the line – he aligned his interests and his life with Mike’s. I loved that he did that! I knew he wouldn’t be able to fire Mike. Harvey has come a long way from S1 Ep 1- that Harvey would have thrown Mike under the bus if Mike hadn’t had some leverage on him. THIS Harvey stepped up and said if you fire Mike you fire me.
      There’s a great article about Season 2 in which Gabriel says:

Anonymous
      Inactive

So, I haven;t actually seen the Season 2 premiere…I will have to wait until Dave gets round to showing it later this year (must check their website to see if there is a date for this yet!). However, I have read reviews and summaries online.
      As I read, one of the forst things that struck me as I read about Mike’s past….the accident…Harvey and his younger brother….was OMG! Xanthe is a consultant for the show!!!! Eitrher that or someone has read ‘Possession’ and decided to keep the show in canon with her version!
      (Having been introduced to Suits by Possession before seeing the show, I naturally assume that Xanthe’s work is the ‘original!!!!….well it makes perfect logical sense to my ASD brain!….and I am going to be so pissed if the show ever deviates!)
      I have all sorts of hopes/wishes for Series 2…..including that it will inspire that ‘Three MAsters’ story I keep pushing for!….I’ve been rereading 24/7 (as it is now kindlified!) and was thinking I just HAVE to see Harvey and Mike visiting Elliot (or would it now be Donny as manager?) for some fine suits….and I want to see Fox and Mike face off re their perfect recall memories …and I want to see more of the obnoxious Lee (has he grown up…is he still with Mike?)…and I want to have even a one sentence reolution the what happened in the end to Franklin (sp?) – was he killed?….and I want to see Mike and Tony banter about films….and Tony really screw with Mike’s mind about being a sub (‘cos Tony will be all been-there-done-that….right up until Gibbs catches him!)….I believe there WAS a promise that if Suits series 2 was inspiring then there might be the sequel I dream of!

Xanthe
      Keymaster

LOL! Those all sound like great ideas! And was there a promise…?! I don’t remember that….*g*

Anonymous
      Inactive

There is only one thing that the Haggy would like to say about episode one
      SLASH ON A STICK!!!!!
      woooohooooo ;)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

The Hagster is, as usual, TOTALLY RIGHT!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons