Who would make a good switch?

Xanthe Home Forums BDSM, Slash & Spanking Who would make a good switch?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

This was originally a suggestion I made to Xan for a new poll, but she thought it would be better as a discussion topic, so here goes:
      Who would make a good switch if his dom required a taking down or which dom would trust his sub enough to take him down if he required it? (I’m recalling Walter would occasionally go to a female dom in 24/7 – I’m thinking of one of the subs occasionally acting as a dom for his dom)
      So throwing down the gauntlet for any takers. I’m only into Tibbs so can’t really comment on the others as apart from NCIS I’ve only watched X-Files, but don’t let that stop you.
      :whipcrack:

Keymaster

HAH! Now you’ve got me wondering…

See, I can SEE Tony topping Gibbs but I’m not sure Gibbs would find it easy to surrender…

And Mulder works better for me as a sub but again I COULD see him topping Walter under the right circumstances.

I think Rodney is a natural born sub but I can easily see John being a switch.

And Captain Jack would switch easily – he’s not invested in either role to me – he just wants to have fun!

Harvey and Mike…hmmm…I think Mike could top…and Harvey could sub…but I’m not convinced Harvey would/could sub to Mike! LOL! He could sub to Jessica though!< I don't think I've said anything definitive *ggg*.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I think you’ve thrown everyone into a state of confusion….. <headslap Having just recently seen some photos of the Suits chappies - I think this tango would set them down to a T , with regard to role switching: reliquia portenas - The tango is very much about dominating ;)

Xanthe
      Keymaster

Wow – that is beautiful! And yeah, I think that tango suits the Suits boys! LOL! I’d love to see them dressed up like that doing that dance!

Anonymous
      Inactive

I see Tony and Gibbs, both, as switches. Gibbs has the classic signs of someone who needs taking down from time to time, while Tony has equally classic signs of someone who needs to be in charge once in a while. That said, I don’t see either one of them subbing for anyone but each other. They’d be the only ones the other would trust enough.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Totally agree with you there Tejas, re. Tony & Gibbs. I also think they’d have completely different styles of topping and subbing, particularly as they complement each other so well. I think they very much have a Ying and Yang situation not to mention the blind trust they have in each other, and the way they seem to read each other’s minds. I don’t think there are many pairings with that level of completion. Of course I’m probably talking off the top of my head :-[

Anonymous
      Inactive

As soon as I saw the tango video it brought to mind your description of the chaps in Suits plus the photos I’ve recently seen. Mind you I’d rather Tony and Gibbs twirling around like that 8) mainly because they’re so equal in their pairing despite the dom/sub aspect because as Tejas said they’re kind of natural switches with each other.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with Tejas totally. :crop:

Anonymous
      Inactive

You know despite the fact I once wrote a little story where Rodney was John’s top I just can’t see him as a Dom. But I have this romantic notion that any sub worth his salt could switch and be a good top if his lover/Dom needed a little down time ;)
      And with that I’ll climb back into my cage :cage:

Xanthe
      Keymaster

That’s a really good point Haggy! And I agree :-)

Anonymous
      Inactive

All good points. I really only follow Suits and NCIS, and I’d say Gibbs would be a great switch. If anyone needs to unwind and be taken down for awhile it’s Gibbs. He’s always so on edge and in the zone. And yeah, I could only see Tony topping him. Anyone else would just be wrong. I could see Gibbs giving either role his all. Hm…a switching Gibbs fic…
      I can’t see Harvey subbing for Mike. Like xanthe said, maybe for Jessica. Maybe.

Anonymous
      Inactive

All good points. I really only follow Suits and NCIS, and I’d say Gibbs would be a great switch. If anyone needs to unwind and be taken down for awhile it’s Gibbs. He’s always so on edge and in the zone. And yeah, I could only see Tony topping him. Anyone else would just be wrong. I could see Gibbs giving either role his all. Hm…a switching Gibbs fic…
      I can’t see Harvey subbing for Mike. Like xanthe said, maybe for Jessica. Maybe.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I agree with tejas regarding Tony and Gibbs.
      I can see Sheppard needing to be taken down occassionally, but not by Rodney. Possibly Evan Lorne or Ronon, somebody he trusts implicitly. Rodney I just see as too much of a sub to be able to give John what he needs. :buddy:
      And now that has got me thinking thoughts I shouldn’t be having just now as I have a fic due tomorrow that needs finishing lol!!

Anonymous
      Inactive

That is a good question. In my opinion Jenny Sheppard would make a good switch, she is headstrong and stubborn, qualities that would make her a good, firm top or a challenging and enjoyable sub to take down.

Kate also would make a good switch, she certainly has tried to be toppy, but always end up subby xD.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Teal’c as a switch! Good one, Lies!!! I can definitely see that.
      I think I could picture Kate as a switch as well; that makes a lot of sense given the range of talents & reactions she had to situations on the show.
      I can see situations where Gibbs would sub for Tony, but that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a switch (might just be a top knowing that what his sub needs is to feel in control for a little while and knowing that being in a sub’s position will help him see things from his sub’s POV better). I just don’t see him genuinely enjoying the position.
      To me, being a top or a sub is a lot like being an extrovert or introvert. In certain situations, for example, an introvert might be able to act extroverted, but that person is still an introvert at heart and is refueled by having some alone time. Just because he/she acts extroverted for a while, that doesn’t change his/her nature deep down or what he/she really needs.
      A switch, on the other hand, is not only able to assume both roles but geuinely feels good equally in both positions (though probably for different reasons). It would make sense that true switches are rare. A switch/switch relationship must be fascinating. Jack Harkness/John Hart maybe (though before Hart’s uber-crazy time)?

Anonymous
      Inactive

I love this analogy. It makes so much sence.
      I personally am an introvert – this fact didn’t stop me flying to the other side of the world for three weeks and having a great time with perfect strangers. Introverts are not alone 24/7; subs aren’t in submission 24/7. Life dosen’t work like that. It’s not a defult but rather a preferrence (given A, B or C I would like … ).

Anonymous
      Inactive

<p class=”p1″><span class=”Apple-converted-space”>  </span>I really appreciate your support in this post. keep it up and doing such types of great work continually.</p>

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Show Buttons
Hide Buttons